Something about sweet summertime makes us want to crack open a new book as we soak up some sun. With so many options out there, our blog team got together to compile a list of our current personal favorites. Whether you find yourself pool side, river side, or lock-yourself-in-the bathroom-side, we hope you can steal a few moments to refresh your soul with these good reads!
2. Heart Made Whole: Turning Your Unhealed Pain into Your Greatest Strength by Christa Black Gifford
This beautiful book is Christa's tribute to her daughter Luca Gold, who unexpectedly died hours after her birth. This is not only a roadmap to walking through grief, but any matter of the heart. She invites us to lean into our heart, listen to what Jesus is saying in that place, and move from victim to victor.
3. For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards by Jen Hatmaker
This book is an fun easy read with each chapter as a vignette full of truth, hope, real talk and hilarity. Possibly the best part of the book? Jen and her readers' compilation of their take on "thank you notes."
4. Unstuffed: Decluttering your Home, Mind & Soul by Ruth Soukup
"Unstuffed is real, honest, and gets right down to the question we are all facing--how can we take back our lives from the stuff that is weighing us down?"
5. Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis
A classic with a timeless message over and over again. Something about Aslan and Lucy makes you want to fall in love with Jesus all over again.
6. Safe People: How to Find Relationships That Are Good for You and Avoid Those That Aren't by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
Another great work from the from the authors of Boundaries!
7. Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers
An oldie but a goodie! Francine has a way of capturing the time of the fall of Jerusalem and yet reminded us that things are not too different now. This book will challenge you, awaken you and heal you like no other fiction work of art.
8. Anonymous: Jesus' Hidden Years... and Yours by Alicia Britt Chole
This is Alicia's hope song for anyone feeling hidden, overlooked, or displaced. "The unrecognized riches in uncelebrated seasons of your life."
9. Life Intercepted: A Novel by Charles Martin
Any of Charles Martin's books are primo in my book with each one uniquely telling the story of redemption. This one involves a broken man fighting for his wife and his marriage. Beautiful.... and did I mention Charles is a wordsmith?
10. Wild and Free: A Hope-Filled Anthem for the Woman who Feels Both Too Much and Never Enough by Jess Connollly & Hayley Morgan
A hope anthem indeed! The tag line says it all!